Thursday, December 12, 2013

Life lessons

Sometimes people can rob us of our joy because they do the things we do not want them to do.

It is that time of year again when we have to rake up and burn the leaves. As my children get older,  the less they like to help in this responsibility.  Yesterday, I asked for their help. Only to be greeted and an attitude undesirable portions!  

Well, I promptly began to teach my children about  joy, and the attitudes we have can and will impact our joy!  

Sometimes people  can rob us of our joy because they don't do the things we want them to do. But I would remind you that people are people. They have minds to think. They have emotions to feel. They have wills to act, just like you and I do. 

We cannot control the actions or the behavior of other people. But we can control the way we respond to other people. 

That is the great challenge, to really understand that the only one who  can really control my attitude is me.  My actions, attitudes and behavior says a lot about who I am and where I am going in life.   

Let's bring everything we have and everything we are under the control of Christ!  

No comments:

Post a Comment