Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Rivers and Fountains that Heal



I just finished up a study on the Book of Ezekiel.  It took me more than 20 weeks and preaching about 45 minutes a sermon to accomplish that task.  It was not even a chapter by chapter study.  

I say that to say this:  The word of God is rich and deep and there is so much to be learned and gleaned from the study of the scriptures.

We have learned so much from Ezekiel.  We have found that this ancient book is not out dated, nor is it dry ink on white pages.

It has so much to say to us today, right here, right now!    I speaks to our nation as it did to the nation of God 100's of years ago.    It not only gives us a great look back, but it forces us to look at today.  Our attitudes and assumptions as a people of God today concerning the times we face and live in.  However Ezekiel brings to us as it did the nation of God great hope for the future.

There is hope for deliverance, Hope for the hurt, and a promise that God will restore.  That restoration is great, and grand and glorious.   

As I was studying this book it led me to study several more...   I would encourage you to study Zechariah 13.   There is a fountain mentioned there.    In the closing chapters of Ezekiel, we read about a river.  A river that brings life, healing and transformation.  Is the fountain in Zechariah another fountain of water? {I do not personally think so.}  While it is true, we are not told what kind of fountain it is. 
I do have a guess:

“There is a fountain filled with blood, drawn from Emanuel’s veins. And sinners plunge beneath that flood, lose all their guilty stains. Oh, precious is the flow that makes me white as snow. No other fount I know, nothing but the blood of Jesus.


Could there be a fountain, a red river of redemption present during the millennium?  Reminding believers and teaching others about the flow of redemption from Calvary’s Hill?

If you missed the sermons from Ezekiel, check out my podcast in iTunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/expecting-encounter-podcast/id710630765?mt=2

or download my ministry app:
Apple:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/encounter-god/id717653151?mt=8

Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bibleandjournalapp.encountergod

No comments:

Post a Comment