Sunday, September 14, 2014

WELL DONE TO THOSE WHO HAVE DONE WELL

I just finished a four part sermon series on giving.  I could keep going but I  will not for now.  

So, I decided to write a few things down, for those of you who read through my rambling thoughts.

I want to think with me about Philippians 4 verse 19.

There are  FOUR FINAL THOUGHTS:  
Note first “MY GOD”   This Promise is PERSONAL!    "My God"    This speaks to me concerning a personal relationship.     You see the reality is clear: You need a personal relationship with Jesus!  That is first and foremost- that is #1   - Jesus desires to have a personal relationship with you! 

#2  Notice  “Shall supply” this verse is personal and this verse is POSITIVE!   Shall supply means to fill up something that is empty!  When the Philippians gave  they supplied a need for Paul.  You can read about this in 2 Corthians 8 & 9.  When they gave there was nothing left!    God says I’m going to make you a promise - When You give like that I will fill up your emptiness, and he did! 

#3 The Promise is POINTED!  “all your needs”  He did not just say in some way I’ll bless you – no he said In all your needs!    He pointed right there to their life and said I can more than meet this!    By the way God knows what your need is today before you need it!  Sometimes  we tell God, "God I better hold on to this, or  I’m going to need it!"  "you know God,  A cloudy day may come!"  Who is in charge of the weather for heavens sake?  

#4 The promise is PLENTIFUL!    “according to his riches” it does not say simply out of his riches- but according to his riches  -  if  he took it out of something he had he would have less left -  but according to means he has resources that are inexhaustible  -  In all of time God still has as much right Know as when the world began!   If Bill gates gives a million he has a million less but if God gives something away he still has the same as he did in the beginning!

Paul does not simply see this gift coming from Philippi but a gift from God!   Three people are blessed when the Holy Spirit prompts you to give! 

1.  The giver - Giving brings blessing to those who give
2.  The getter - the person who receives a gift is blessed
3.  God – the kingdom of god is blessed by your obedience!



Just a few thoughts, that would have been a 5th sermon...  


No comments:

Post a Comment