Wednesday, September 2, 2015

090215WED Sermon Notes


The Finality of Forgiveness
Matthew 18

Theme:  How can I as a follower of Jesus Christ  offer and operate in the finality of forgiveness?


In Order to Make Forgiveness Final:

  • Understand that the Bible calls for total, immediate, unilateral forgiveness


  • The Crisis is needed:  Name the person and name the Pain.

                      I forgive ___________________  for __________________

  • The Process to Follow:  Leave the Hurt Alone!

            ·      I will not bring it up to the one who offended
                 ·      I will not bring it up to other people
                 ·      I will not bring it up to myself

    1. Why Forgive?

                                               i.      Damaging emotions will be eliminated
1.      Bitterness


Quotable?
Bitterness is the resentful spirit that refuses reconciliation
-Aristotle



To Be Continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment