Wednesday, February 26, 2020

032220AM ODF Sermon Notes: Assurance of My Salvation

Assurance of My Salvation    
John 8:30-31

Statement of Truth:
The greater the potential loss the greater the need for assurance becomes.

Questions to Consider:
· “Can a person really loose his soul?”
Answer:
·  What is the Soul?
Answer: The soul is the immaterial part of you

Statements of Truth:
·  Every person’s soul needs to be saved

·      The assurance of being saved is the most important thing in your life

·      Assurance for your salvation is possible

·      Many people believe in Jesus, {at least they profess, “I believe in Jesus”}  But  everyone who makes that profession is not saved

·      Belief that is partial, belief that is merely intellectual, and belief that is superficial is never authentic.

5 False Assurances
1.      I prayed the sinners prayer
2.     My parents are saved
3.     work for the Lord
4.     I go to church

5.     I am a good person

No comments:

Post a Comment