Saturday, February 20, 2016

022116AM Sermon Notes

My Responsibility To The Love of God
1 John 3:16-18

Theme:  For the believer to understand that the cross of Christ calls us to divine responsibility. 

Enemies of Love:
             1.      Selfishness
             2.     Lust
             3.     Bitterness
             4.     Greed
             5.     Pride

I.      God’s love gives me something to perceive v16

Statement of truth:
The Gospel of Jesus Christ is not just a story I read, it is a life I lead!

A.  Something we can experience

B.  Something we can express

II.   God’s love calls me to participate v17
 A.    Love Is Practical
 B.    Love Is Pricey
 C.    Love’s Perception
 D.    Love Has Possibilities
 E.     Love Should Be Portioned  {Love Shares}

III.  God’s Love is being perfected in us  {1 John 4:12}

           ·      That word does not mean flawless, it is a word than means maturing.

No comments:

Post a Comment