Monday, May 16, 2016

The Stronghold of Our Habits & History

The Stronghold of Our Habits & History 
2 Corinthians 10:3-4 + Genesis 26-30


4 Fundamental Concepts 
I.    My battles are not primarily physical.
II.   My weapons are not readily accessible.
III.  My weapons are God given and mighty in power!
IV.  My weapons are formed for destruction!

Revival Reality: 
We cannot blame our  bad behavior on God, or our parents.     Why?  As we will learn today strongholds are
built through my own behavior.

Results of Making My Own Strongholds
I. Strongholds show up when we reap what we have sown.

II. Strongholds blow up through our own decisions.

Statement of Truth:
If you want to see God’s transforming power released in this church you must do business with the stronghold in your life!

A.  Jacob did not have to keep bargaining with God.
B.  Jacob did not have to keep NEGLECTING his family.

Questions for Consideration:

What decisions are you making today?  What habits are you forming today?  What did God convict you of today that you need to lay down at the feet of Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment